Our guide should help answer any questions you might have about our online shop. If we don't answer one of your questions here, or this is information overload, please don't hesitate to contact us!
Try on frames before you buy
If you want to try on up to two frames before you buy them, then add the Try it First item to your cart. We will charge your credit card for the full price of the frames and the "Try it First" item for $30. When the frames are returned, we will refund your credit card for the full price of the frames. Please return the frames within 2 weeks of receiving them using the pre-paid return waybill. We recommend a Consultation before you make a purchase because our expert staff will help you narrow your selection. Please also refer to our Returns policy.
Sending Rx and Measurements
- In order to ensure that you receive the best quality of vision, we can only fill single vision (distance, near or intermediate) prescriptions online
- Please email your valid prescription and pupillary distance measurement to email@example.com
Rx Lens Guide
The stronger your prescription, the higher the lens index needs to be to keep your lenses as thin and light as possible. Confused? Book a consultation.
|Index 1.5||Index 1.6||Index 1.67||Index 1.74|
|For full plastic and metal frames
Rx < +/- 2.00
|For any frame design
Rx < +/- 3.00
|For any frame design
Rx < +/- 8.00
|For full plastic and metal frames
Rx > +/- 8.00
Fully clear indoors and even darker outdoors, this new generation of Transitions® lenses fade back to clear 3 minutes faster and darkens up to 30% faster than their predecessor. Transitions® Signature® GEN 8™ lenses block 100% UVA and UVB rays and block at least 20% of harmful blue light indoors and over 87% of harmful blue light outdoors.
Use the Transitions Virtual Try-On.
Essilor's CRIZAL® FORTE UV coating is resistant to dust, static, smudge, scratch, water and protects your eyes from UVA and UVB rays.
Blue Light Filter
Essilor's CRIZAL® PREVENCIA® coating has all the top-performing qualities of Crizal® Forte UV with an added filter that removes 20% of harmful blue-violet light. The coating does have a bit of a reflective sheen to its outside surface, but is great for those who spend hours upon hours working with computer screens, smartphones and tablets.
Essilor offers a variety of options for sun protection. These lenses come with a variety of Physiotints® that offer excellent colour perception just like clear lenses, and are available in a wide range of colours. For those who prefer additional protection from glare, Xperio® polarized lenses allow greater eye comfort, unmatched clarity of vision and truer colour perception compared to ordinary sun lenses.
In order to ensure the best quality of vision and fit, we will only sell you contact lenses if:
- You are an Insight patient who has had an assessment with one of our optometrists. We will have your contact lens prescription on file.
- You are a new client with a valid contact lens prescription from your optometrist. Your contact lens prescription can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our online shop offers 1 year and 6 month supplies of contact lenses because we can offer you the best pricing on these quantities. If you need a smaller supply, please contact us.
- All frames sold without prescription lenses are taxable.
- All frames sold with prescription lenses are tax exempt because they become a medical device. At this time, our store will show the tax at checkout. However, we are manually processing each order and will not charge you tax. We will send you a final invoice that can be submitted to your insurance.
- We will send you a separate invoice from our online shop to submit to insurance
- Do not submit our online shop's invoice because it will not have the information your insurance provider needs
- If you need help with insurance submissions, contact us
Please contact us if you have any warranty concerns.
- Optical: 2 year manufacturer defect
- Sun: 1 year manufacturer defect
- A signature is required due to the value of our products. Please ship your package to an address where someone will be present during the day. We will give you a tracking number.
- We offer free expedited shipping on all final orders!
We will be shipping via Canada Post.
Please contact us if you have any concerns with how we handle returns.
- You have (2) two weeks to return your frame to a Canada Post Drop-Off.
- We will charge your credit card for the full price of the frames and refund the full price of the frames when they are returned.
- Please add the Try it First item to your cart. The $30 helps cover shipping and your pre-paid return waybill. Your final order ships for free, but the $30 Try it First item is non-refundable.
- If you keep one of the frames, we will refund your credit card for the frame you return.
- The frames must be in perfect condition. Any damage to the product will result in no refund. We understand shipping accidents can happen, so please take care to repack the frame with all the shipping materials.
- Drop off your order to a Canada Post location to get your tracking number. Do not place your return in a mailbox!
Handle with Care
- Use two hands to put on and take off your frames so as not to put undue pressure on a single hinge
- Putting frames on top of your head will stretch out the temples, making the frame wide and it will most likely become loose and slip down your nose
- Every once and awhile it is a good idea to have all your screws tightened as they can become loose with wear over time. You can have a local optical do this for you or purchase our basic tool kit (coming soon) and do it yourself
- Returning your frames to your case when you are not wearing them will help keep them protected
- Self-adjustments are risky; it is always better to take them to a professional for a fitting
- Your lenses have an amazing coating, but they still need to be cleaned. A little bit of lukewarm water and dish soap can be used to give them a thorough clean. A quick dry wipe with the microfiber cleaning cloth provided is great for quick cleaning throughout the day. It is recommended that these cloths be washed and reused so that you are not continuing to spread debris around the lenses over time
- If Insight is too far away for a frame adjustment, please locate the nearest licensed optical that carries the brand you purchased
- Each brand website will direct you to their nearest preferred optical partner
- We do offer basic tool kits for purchase (coming soon) that include Philips and flathead screwdrivers. We recommend making sure your screws are never loose!
- If your frame has nosepads, we will include an additional set at no charge
Shopping for someone else but not sure what to give them? Give them the gift of choice with an Insight Gift Card.
Gift cards are delivered by email and contain instructions to redeem them at checkout. Our gift cards have no additional processing fees.
Gift cards can only be used for our online shop. The gift cards cannot be used for in-store products or services.
- Choosing the right pair of glasses can be difficult even when you are physically inside a store. We offer consultation services to assist you in choosing the best pair of glasses for fit, function and fashion
- Request a consultation with one of our experienced Eyewear Consultants
49 Albert St.
Waterloo ON N2L 3S1
Brink & Mortar Website